Saturday, November 10, 2012

saturday's doings

a day that results in one broken salt shaker and half a roll of toilet paper on the floor of the bathroom can also have some very good moments to it.  

like this morning.  full of coffee and music and drawing...




and even a little writing...

once we were all dressed and ready for the day, greg took the guys to the obstacle course park so i could get some of my own writing done.  if you recall, i had quite a lot of catching up to do.








but when they returned i was still four hundred words off from even beginning today's target-- still two thousands words from being on schedule.  so, during henry's nap and then later, when they borrowed a rake from our neighbors two doors down and raked leaves outside, went for a walk, and worked on building william's "electric jet machine" in the work shed, i was able to get caught up.

and as you might have guessed, today was also the day henry discovered the joy of pulling the toilet paper from the roll and, without our knowledge, taking the glass salt and pepper shakers and knocking them together until there was enough himalayan sea salt (quit common here) on on the floor to look like a miniature replica of the himalayan mountains.

if you looked the place over, you might not even know it now.  except that the toilet paper sits higher.

2 comments:

nina said...

Does the story have to end no earlier, no later than November 30?

I'm impressed with your efforts! And super happy that you haven't let tyid (your blog) slide.

greg|regan said...

Hi Nina,

No, it can end prior to November 30th, but it must end no later than November 30th-- it must be submitted by 11:59:59 for an official word count. When I first went on the website, before I knew any of the details, I saw "submit by 11:59:59," and for a moment (that I realize, makes no sense) I thought, 'oh, okay, it needs to be submitted by November 2059... that seems do-able. Then I realized, oh, wait a second, that's not at all what they mean, and it all has to be done in a month, and well, then I just thought the whole idea was crazy, but so long as there are at least 2 hours in everyday, at least so far, I've been mostly able to stay on track-- or get back on it, with a little help from Greg and adventures!

And yes, I too am glad I've kept up with the blog. That hasn't been a problem yet!