Tuesday, April 28, 2015

scenes from the bike path

i really think we'd be hard-pressed to find a more beautiful area to live in (that also offers easy biking (i.e. safe bike paths, conscientious drivers))... 

i didn't have to go "out into the country" to see this... (nor to see any of those cows i'm always taking pictures of)... (or perhaps we live "out in the country" and i just don't realize it.  denmark's so small, the distance between country and city must, too, be a lot smaller!) 


the bike path (and the road running parallel, as seen rising up the hill)...

everyone's tired tonight.  well, at least the parents are, though i think both boys may have succumbed to sleep by this point.  time for an earlier bedtime tonight.  goodnight!

2 comments:

nina said...

One of the things I found so disturbing in moving from Poland to America is how long it took to get from the city to the country. I blame the love affair in the States with the suburbs.

nina said...

Oh and I want to add -- as you know, I now live in the country, but unlike in Europe, it's so hard to find paths and places to walk in rural America! I take my granddaughter out for a stroll and I have to use the same road as cars (until I hit the bike path, but that's a mile away). Private lands do not have public paths running through them. So yes, I do think you live in a beautiful place right now!